Varying specific wavelengths of light

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 1997 19:21:11 -0800
From: "S.T. Leong" <stleong at smartt_com>
To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
Subject: Varying specific wavelengths of light

I am experimenting on the effect of specific wavelengths of light on
Anacharis sp. (also called Elodea sp.) in regards to this submerged
aquatic plant's photosynthetic rate.  However, the results I obtained
indicated oxygen was not produced, rather it was consumed.
I think it has something to do with light intensity, but I'm not sure.
Would you happen know the rough distribution of wavelengths of light as
it passes from the surface of a freshwater pond to the bottom of the
pond?