[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: "Rocket Science" in Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #543

I really got a kick out of Digest #543 -

I got lost somewhere in Steve Pushak's comments on Paul Krombholz'
comments on Craig Bingman's comments on Paul Krombholz' original comment
re bubbles and boundary layers;

I got lost somewhere in Paul Sears' comments on Paul Krombholz' comments
on CO2 diffusion (but not as badly);

I got lost in Dave's (eworobe at cc_UManitoba.CA) comments on  Ca/Mg/K and
plant transport of nutrients.

This is not a "Tone the conversation down" request - this a a "Tone the
audience up" request.

What is a good, beginner's level textbook on aquatic plant biology that
will get me over the unfamiliarity hump in this area so that I can start
to really appreciate what is being said? I suspect that there may not be
one, and that what I need is a basic plant biology text and maybe some
other source for the aquatic plant info. Anyway can someone please
provide me with a basic reading list. I would really like to get a better
understanding in this area.

I pick up a little info with each posting like the ones listed above, and
some things are slowly coming together, but I'd really like to speed up
the process.

In the meantime, keep the rocket science coming and I'll continue to
enjoy my struggle.

David Aiken