[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Truth about maintenance

> From: FONG TUCK CHOY <fong20 at pc_jaring.my>
> Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 12:59:20 +0800
>
> The first thing my visitors ask about the tank after being astounded
> by its magnificence, is "Do you need to do a lot of maintenance?" How
> shall I answer this question?

It depends on if you are trying to impress them, dissuade them from
attempting planted tanks or trying to get them started.  <G>

> I actually need to do the usual water change, algae scraping, plant
> trimming and water chemistry checking etc. To me, these are enjoyable
> things to do. To the uninitiated, these will just be more chores!
> What are the comments of our APD people?

This is a hobby.  Hobbies are supposed to be enjoyable ways to waste
time.  I agree with you.  The only problems occur when you have "too
many" hobbies and you feel pressured to devote time to each.  Then
maintenace can become a chore.

George