[Prev][Next][Index]

reflective film for windows

Though I haven't used it for an aquarium
reflector, reflective films for windows
are widely available at many hardware
stores and "Do it yourself" building
stores (Home Depot and the like). There
are various grades which differ it the
degree of reflectivity. They come on a
plastic backing which is removed when
applied to a window. Fastening the film
plus backing above fluorescent lights
should work fine for an aquarium
reflector, unless it gets too hot.

In making a 6 x 40 watt light hood for my
75 gallon tank, I used a piece of sheet
aluminum purchased from a local hardware.
The stuff cuts with tin-snips, is easily
bent into the proper shape, and easily
punctured to provide screw holes to a
structural frame. Its only disadvantage is
its expense, but it works well.

Rick Denney
Dickinson, TX

This Message Was Sent With An UNREGISTERED Version Of PMMail.
Please Encourage Its Author To Register Their Copy Of PMMail.
For More Information About PMMail And SouthSide Software's Other
Products, Contact http://www.southsoft.com.