[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Splash water & bulbs

Hi,

concerning the discussion on splash water & bulbs. In the instructions of
my HQL (high pressure mercury vapor) lights, it says that you should be very
careful not to splash water on the bulbs while they are burning. HQL bulbs are
very hot and may break when water is splashed on it.

That's why Dupla HQL lights have an extra protection glass and Dennerle HQL
lights are supposed to be not too close to the water surface to prevent
splashes.

That's the only case I heard about problems. I am not too sure about metal
halides, though. But they usually have extra cover glass, too. Fluorescents
are probably not hot enough to have problems with splash water.

Just my 2 cents... Andi from Munich, Germany (we had snow this morning... I am
craving for spring :-)