[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #527

> From: Adrian Hydon <aph at globalserve_net>
> Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 19:37:27 -0500
> Subject: Undergravel filters???
>

> Ant way, aside from my rambling, would my tank suffer if I removed the
> canister filter?  Why? I would appreciate any comments, either to the
> list, or by private email (aph at globalserve_net).  TIA.
>
> Adrian Hydon

I don't think so.  I have a 45high with a moderate fish load and quite a
few plants that is running on only a UGF.  The tank is fine.  I have a
thick substrate 4-5" and vacuum lightly every week.  I am also using two
very small powerheads (Hagen mini-pros) that are rated for 80gpm (or gph,
or whatever the units that all powerheads are rated at).

Tom