[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Mercury Vapour Lamps

Michael Eckardt asked:

>Can a mercury vapour bulb designed for the European 240V system be used
>safely in North America?

Yes! It should be perfectly safe. However you won't get much light out of it.

>At a given resistance, you'd have roughly half the voltage but twice the
>current flowing through it. Are these bulbs capable of handling this?

That must be the new electrical engineering. When I went to school, if you
lowered the voltage on a resistive load the current lowered also.

Paul

Paul Nicholson		Electronic Imaging Systems, Inc.
Tel: 805 532 1068	5148 Commerce Avenue, Unit F
FAX: 805 532 1065	Moorpark, CA  93021
paul at eisusa_com		http://www.eisusa.com