[Prev][Next][Index]

PMDD & Nitrate level (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 16:20:38 -0500
From: Michael Stone <mstone at dekalb_dc.peachnet.edu>
To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
Subject: PMDD & Nitrate level

Good day all,
	I was reading over the PMDD protocol by Sears & Conlin and I was unsure
about one aspect of the nitrate target reading.  I could not find any
indication in the original post or follow-ups as to the type of test kit
used or how the results were reported.  Is the target 5-10ppm Nitrate
reading Nitrate-nitrogen or Nitrate ion?  I have two kits (Seatest FW &
LaMotte) that measure Nitrate-nitrogen and one (Seachem) that measures
Nitrate ion.  I understand the difference between the two and how to
convert between them, but I need to know which it is.  Pardon me if this
has already been covered.

Thanks,
Michael Stone