[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #508

> From: mike at microspan_com (Mike Roberts)
> Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 02:43:06 GMT
> Subject: Dennerle Lighting Recommendations
>
> [snip]
>
> Nevertheless I found it interesting that the book advocates and sells Mercury
> Vapor Lamps as a high intensity "point" source of lighting.  After reading most
> of the archived Usenet articles on lighting on just didn't see many people
> advocating the use of these lamps.

Located in
http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~aquaria/Archive/hardware/Lighting/
is a write-up (mercvap) by Gary Bishop on the WonderLite mercury vapor
flood.
At the time (May 92) he seemed quite happy with them.

> Does anyone have practical experience with these lamps?  Are they suitable for
> use in a heavily planted freshwater tank?

I have contacted the distributor in Canada and the price is now $40-45
CDN. I am
also interested in using these lights on a new 55 gal. plant tank.

Steve Turner