[Prev][Next][Index]

DIY UGH

On Fri, 31 Jan 1997 15:39:01 -0500, you wrote:

>From: Lyndle Schenck <LSCHENCK at dcscorp_com>
>DIY UGH
[..]
>the Dupla system is WAY overpriced and I subscribe to the low wattage
>argument so I had to roll my own.
[..]
>I'm curious though, why people want to build these things from the
>component level.  I've had a few inquiries on the use of switching
[..]

"Because it's there."  Seriously though, this is part of the attraction to me.
If I calculated what my actual time was worth I would just hire a bunch of
subcontractors and have the Hi-Tech Aquarium made and assembled to specs.

But then it wouldn't be a hobby...

ttyl

*Mike Roberts - mike at microspan_com
*North American Internet, Ltd. - http://www.nail.net
*Colorado Springs, CO - (719) 635-NAIL

*Providing affordable ISDN to the Front Range...