[Prev][Next][Index]

Plant Nutrient Experiment

Could someone suggest good indicator plants for use in a nutrient
deficiency experiment.  I was thinking of using multiple plants (Hygro.
poly. for one) in multiple containers with differing nutrient levels.  The
goal of this experiment would be to determine a relative base line of
nutrient needs for our various aquatic plants.  Thus, one could use the
information obtained and mix a batch of fertilizer tailored to his/her
tank (without overdosing, saving $ and product).

Anyone interested in helping, either by suggestions or running parts of
it, please email me off-list.  I think this would be of great interest to
all of us.

Cheers,

Mark
  pearlsco at u_washington.edu