[Prev][Next][Index]

Cichlid tank plant recommendations

     New member here...

     What I am looking for is some plant recommendations.  I recently
     acquired a new tank for my Cichlids and thought that I would make a
     concerted effort to plant it.  Cichlids generally have a bad
     reputation with plants but mine seem to do OK.

     My current tank conditions are:

     160 gal tank - 24" tall, 7' wide, 18" deep
     78-82 F
     pH 7.0-7.5
     dH 10-12
     LOW LIGHT - 2 F25T8 3' fluorescent bulbs (3500K, 84 CRI)
     moderate indirect sunlight
     <= 1/8" gravel "coarse blasting sand"

     My preferences are tall leafy well rooting plants and grasses.  I've
     also considered adding sand and DIY CO2.

     Thanks,

     Nigel Campbell
     ncampbel at ccmail_dsccc.com