[Prev][Next][Index]

Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #493 (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 97 18:07:58 EST
From: gigi at cybl_com
To: Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com
Subject: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #493

I have an hexagonal tank (35l) and I used a Dicroic light (12V). The
problem was that it was to bright, resulting in high temperatures and a
problem for the plastic cover of the tank. The solution was connecting
the Dicroic (if you don't know what a dicroic is, i would say that it's
like a car headlamp bulb, with a glass as a parabolic antenna 5cm of
radius) to a regulator, very smooth light can be obtained. The
temperature problem was solved by installing a little fan, frequently
used in cooling computer transformers..
Jerome, from the Delta of the Parana river..