[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Price of Triton tubes (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 08:23:22 -0600 (CST)
From: amc2 at ix_netcom.com
To: Aquatic-Plants-Owner at ActWin_com
Subject: Re: Price of Triton tubes

>> From: "Mark Shelton" <mark_shelton at pobox_tbe.com>
>> Date: 1 Feb 1997 12:40:48 -0600
>> Subject: Fluorescent Tubes Specs
>
>>     I went down to the local fish shop with the intention of purchasing a 40
>> watt Triton bulb. As is usual, the package was lacking any of the
>> specifications we aquaria types need to compare bulbs. The package did
>> however get my attention when I saw the price of $46 OUCH!
>
>That is way too much money for an aquarium lamp.  You will be better off
>with an industry standard triphosphor lamp.  I doubt that freshwater
>tanks need such a high color temperature light source.

Mark:

That is way too much for a Triton 40 watt tube!  Most mail order houses
sell them for about one half that price; and considering that they are
effective for about two years, that is a good buy.  But the $46 price is
really way out!  Maybe if you are in Alaska or Hawaii, it may cost
more.  Check out the mail order houses in FAMA or TFH.  I like them,
because they have proven themselves over many years, now; and I have had
continued success with Triton.

Good Luck!

Merrill