[Prev][Next][Index]

Call for Papers

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Sender: aismail at fsas_upm.edu.my
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 10:10:55 -0800
From: "BIO-Ahmad Ismail (Dr.)" <aismail at fsas_upm.edu.my>
To: Aquatic-plants at actwin_com
Subject: trace metals conf. in Kuala Lumpur

Fourth International Conference on Trace Metals in Aquatic Environment
Kuala Lumpur 19-23 May 1997.

CALL FOR PAPERS!!!!!

Main topics to be discussed,

The cycling and fate of trace metals in the aquatic ecosystem, including
bioaccumulation, toxicity and effects on communities.

Chemical and biological monitoring,

Rehabilitation of polluted habitats,

Regional studies in Southeast Asia and Australasia.

>Fourth International Conference on Trace Metals in the Aquatic Environment,
>Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 19-23 May 1997
>

>Organised by
>
>Universiti Pertanian Malaysia
>Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia
>Universiti Malaya
>

>INTRODUCTION
>
>As you may be aware, the previous conferences in this series (Hamilton
 Canada, 1988; Sydney Australia, 1990; Aarhus Denmark, 1994) were highly
 successful, attracting several hundred delegates from many countries.
 The Fourth International Conference on Trace Metals in the Aquatic
 Environment will be held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia  May 19-23, 1997.

>OBJECTIVES
>
>The conference will provide a forum for scientists to meet and discuss
>issues concerning trace metals in the aquatic environment, including
>freshwater, estuarine and marine systems.
>
>PROCEEDINGS
>
>Printed abstracts of all presentations will be available at the conference
>(including poster papers). The papers presented will be reviewed and
 published in a special issue of an international journal, The Science
of
 The Total Environment. Papers submitted should follow the guide to
authors
 for this journal.

>DEADLINES
>

>Submission of abstract :  February 15, 1997
>
>Submission of final manuscript: 19 May 1997
>

>KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
>

>Prof. J. Nriagu  USA
>Prof. J. Duffus  UNITED KINGDOM
>Prof. P.S. Rainbow UNITED KINGDOM
>Prof. Kwang Woo Lee KOREA
>Prof. William Shotyk  SWITZERLAND
>Prof. M. H. Depledge UNITED KINGDOM
>Prof. S. Tanabe  JAPAN
>

>PRESENTATION
>
>The scientific programme will consist of oral and poster presentations.
 Poster presentations will be given equal prominence, and time will be
 alloted for the display, review and discussion of poster papers.
Programme
 contributions will be in English.

>EXHIBITION
>
>There will be an exhibition of scientific equipment and books.
>

>VENUE
>
>The venue for the conference will The Crown Princess, Kuala Lumpur.
>Kuala Lumpur the capital city of Malaysia offers a wide variety of
>entertainments for delegates and accompanying persons.
 Malaysia as a whole is a beautiful country. The temperature varies
 between 28 and 32 degrees Celsius throughout the year.
>Malaysia has much to offer travellers. It is rich in cultural heritage,
>environmental splendour, as well as being a shoppers' paradise and
 gastronomic heaven.

>ACCOMODATION

The hotel can be booked directly or through the secretariat.

>The Crown Princess, Kuala Lumpur Fax number: 03 262 4688
>
>Ming Court Kuala Lumpur  Fax. No. 03 2612393

>  Accomodation Form
>

> Name: ______________________________________________
>
> Address: _____________________________________________________

> Arrival in Kuala Lumpur  ______/____/1997
>
> Flight No:
>
> Departure from Kuala Lumpur: ____/____/1997
>
> Flight No:
>
> Room Rates:

> 	The Crown Princess Kuala Lumpur;

>		 Superior:  Single=RM190++  Double=RM210++
>
>                Deluxe :   Single=RM210++  Double=RM230++
>
>              ++=10% service charges and 5% tax.
>

>        Ming Court Kuala Lumpur;

>	          Single Deluxe    RM 160 ++
>                 Double Deluxe    RM 190 ++

>              RM2.5 about US$1
>

>TRAVEL
>
>Kuala Lumpur International Airport has connections to most major cities
 in the world. Malaysian Airlines and many other popular airlines fly to
 Kuala Lumpur. There is easy connection from the airport to the city
centre.

>REGISTRATION FEES
>
>The registration fees listed below include admission to all sessions,
 a copy of the conference proceedings, morning and afternoon
refreshments
 and attendance at welcome reception.

>Authors, co-authors and member of co-sponsoring bodies   US$250.00
>
>Delegates                                                US$300.00
>
>Research students (must be endorsed by supervisor)       US$100.00
>
>Accompanying persons                                     US$100.00
>

>CHEQUES PAYABLE TO "UNIVERSITI PERTANIAN MALAYSIA"
>

>INTERNATIONAL ORGANISING COMMITTEE
>

>Prof. J. Nriagu
>Prof. P.S. Rainbow
>Dr. M. Ahsanullah
>Dr. Ahmad Ismail
>

>LOCAL ORGANISING COMMITTEE
>

>Prof. Muhamad Awang
>Prof. Mohd. Noordin Hassan
>Prof. Abdul Halim Sulaiman
>Dr. Ahmad Ismail

>INSTRUCTION FOR SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
>
>1) Abstract including the title, author's names and
>   affiliations, and text must fit in the space 12cmx16cm.
>2) Use English only.
>3) Type title in CAPITAL LETTERS.
>4) Underline the name of the presenting author.
>5) Type single space only.
>6) Do not erase or fold.
>7) Abstract will appear exactly as submitted.
>8) Deadline for abstract submission is  February 15, 1997.
>9) Submit the original and two copies to the secretariat:
>
> Dr. Ahmad Ismail
> Department of Biology
> Universiti Pertanian Malaysia
> 43400 UPM Serdang, Selangor
> Malaysia.
>
> Fax:+ 03 9432508
> email: aismail at fsas_upm.edu.my
>
>10) Please note that the abstract cannot be processed
>    until the registration form and fees have been received
>    by the secretariat.

>Fourth International Conference on Trace Metals in Aquatic Environment
>Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 19-23 May 1997

>I intend to register for the Fourth International Conference on
 Trace Metals in the Aquatic Environment, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia,
 19-23 May 1997 and wish to present a paper entitled: