[Prev][Next][Index]

Greenish algae on the gravel

Hi all, I'm new to the list and I have a question.  I've heard that
there are numerous types of algae that can grow in the aquarium, each
having an optimal method for control.  The algae that seems to be
running wild in my 30gal planted tank is:
 green, not hairy, mostly located on the gravel and rock (as opposed to
the plants) and is resisting the efforts of 3 panda corys, 2 oto cats
and several glass shrimp.  I've read that the ramhorm snail will
sometimes eat algae, but will it eat my plants too??? Could someone
help?

Adrian Hydon <aph at globalserve_net>