[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #484

Re Ferric Citrate

This posting came as a co-incidence for me this evening. I had just
finished speaking to a friend who had  been detailing amazing improvements
in growth rates of 2 "difficult" plants by adding Citric Acid in small
amounts to his aquarium. He has been struggling to maintain his few plants
of Echinodorus "gracilis" and E. "solidus"(?aschersonianus).  That was the
only change - and now the former plant has leaves over 2 feet long while
the latter is developing multiple leaves and flower stalks.

Could it be that the citrate is making the iron more available to the
plants or perhaps is it a direct beneficial effect of the citrate itself?

Bruce Hansen
ANGFA

email: bhansen at ozemail_com.au
Don't miss the ANGFA web pages at -