[Prev][Next][Index]

Bleach and Ambulia

I recently tore down my aquarium and, before setting it back up , bleached
all the plants in the 1/19 solution for 2 or so minutes each. All of the
plants appear to be at least holding their own except for the Ambulia
(Limnophila Aquatica). All the stems appear to be turning white and withering
to mush. It appears that every last stem of it might have been killed, which
would be too bad since all you need is one to grow yourself a lot in fairly
short order. I read the recent thread on bleaching and don't recall anything
specific being said about ambulia being especially sensitive. Is this an
unusual reaction or did I just make a mistake in putting it in bleach.

                                        Thanks for any info,

                                                                         Matt