[Prev][Next][Index]

Dangerous water

>From: dougcs at gnn_com (Douglas C. Skokna)
>Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 19:41:10
>Subject: RE:  RO and DI Water
>
>This raises a question in my mind:  What about the aquariums we keep?
>Since most of us remove the chlorine/chloramine by adding chemicals or
>through carbon filtration and if RO water is a potential bio-hazard due to
>their removal, are aquariums also a potential breeding ground for the
>dangerous bacteria?  Or, is there some biological process in our aquariums
>that keeps the levels of harmful bacteria low?

I suspect the answer to this question is yes.  I'm beginning to think now
that I've been infected several times with strep from my aquariums, and am
now considering an erythromyacin treatment, not to eliminate the
cyanobacteria, but the potential human pathogens that might be there.

David W. Webb           Corporate Business Systems
Texas Instruments Inc.  Dallas, TX USA
(972) 575-3443 (voice)  MSGID:       DAWB
(972) 575-4853 (fax)    Internet:    dwebb at ti_com
(972) 581-2380 (pager)  Text Pager:  dwebb at ti_com Subj:PAGE