[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: CO2 determinations etc.

> From: Elizabeth Worobel <eworobe at cc_UManitoba.CA>
> Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 08:52:35 -0600 (CST)
>
> It may interest you to know that alkalinity is also measured by
> titration and suffers the same problems as the CO2 test kit... given
> the high DOC content of most aquaria I think you can readily see that
> pH/alkalinity/CO2 tables are not actually in any way useful.
Whoa, Dave, that's a little harsh, isn't it?  Sure, the tables won't
give you values accurate to 10 decimal places, but they certainly are
useful to someone interested in knowing if they have approximately the
right amount of CO2.

If nothing else, it makes us anal retentive types happy to know that
the test kits are consistent with each other <g>.

George - Shocked and Astounded in Colorado