[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Transformer question (experts??)

>After talking to a few transformer suppliers I have concluded that finding a
>transformer that does not have the primary and secondary windings on the same
>core is just not practical.

I gather the way the transformer is wound is a safety issue, right?  And if
I understand correctly, the safer the transformer, the more expensive it
is, right?  I have corresponded with someone on this list who set up a
DIYUGH a couple of years ago with what I think he called a "switching"
tranformer.  Is this unsafe.  I guess what I'm saying is that I am woefully
ignorant when it comes to transformers and I'm wondering what's at stake.

TIA

Dirk

What a cool list, eh?  One minute botany, the next chemistry, the next
electronics, the next fish. . . .