[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #464

> From: Erik Olson <eriko at wrq_com>
> [...]
> That is correct.  During the rainy season (when water doesn't spend a lot
> of time in resevoirs picking up carbonates), the KH is often < 1, which
is
> why the pH can fluctuate so much in the tapwater here.

This is very interesting. I had no idea our (yes folks another Seattleite
here) tap water KH fluctuated so much. I add NaHCO3 to my tank water to
keep the KH around 3-4, so this is not a really important issue for me -
but I don't have that 1dKH Apisto tank I've been dreaming about yet,
either. Are there any people on the list in hard-water areas who have
really substantial seasonal KH fluctuation?

 -matt
  in damp Seattle