[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Tranformer question

>From: mike at microspan_com (Mike Roberts)
>Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 15:20:37 GMT
>Subject: Re: Tranformer question and bleach comment
>
>On Tue, 21 Jan 1997 03:39:02 -0500, you wrote:
>
>After talking to a few transformer suppliers I have concluded that finding a
>transformer that does not have the primary and secondary windings on the same
>core is just not practical.

This depends on what you mean by the "same" core.  I just bought a 175VA
"dual-bobbin" transformer from Allied Electronics.  The main & secondary
windings are "on the same core", but electrically separated from each other by
being wound on separate bobbins.  This was a standard Magnetek transformer,
not some special order transformer (#VPS24-7300, $40).  Email me if you have
specific questions.

David Cooke
In Atlanta, where it can't decide if it's winter or spring - now it's spring