[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: tadpoles

>   In  Aquarium Plants by Rataj and Horemann, they suggest using tadpoles as
> algae eaters.  Any one have any thoughts on this idea.  I am getting

   Hmm...could work, with the caveat that some tadpoles can turn predatory
and canibalistic.  (Really fascinating...they start out the same, but some
'turn bad' and start eating everything in sight.  It may only happen under
conditions of extreme crowding, though, and while it only occurs in some
species I seem to recall them being very common species in North America.)

Nathan H.