[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Amano Book 1

>From: Pat Bowerman <bowerman at specent_com>
>Date: Thu, 18 Jan 1996 18:43:48 -0800
>Subject: Amano Book 1 - "cloudiness"
>

>On page 112 of Nature Aquarium World, book 1, Amano says, "The slight
>cloudiness in the left side of the photo is a result of the heavy plant
>growth, which is more than the filtration system can handle."
>
>What is he talking about? Shouldn't heavy plant growth actually assist
>the filtration system?

If I remember correctly, I think he is referring to cloudiness caused by
heavy growth of unicellular algae (i.e. green water). Unless the filter is a
diatom, it will not remove it.

This is just one of several problems with the translation of his first book.
Fortunately his second book (published as parts 2 and 3 by TFH) was written
in Japanese and English. In the foward, TFH says that they did not change
anything from the original English; they say they even left the spellings
the same!
Neil Frank      TAG editor         Raleigh, NC