[Prev][Next][Index]

Amano Book 1

Just got my copy. Great photos, great decorating technique, weak on the
how-to. Well worth the 20 bucks though. One question I have about the
book though is this:

On page 112 of Nature Aquarium World, book 1, Amano says, "The slight
cloudiness in the left side of the photo is a result of the heavy plant
growth, which is more than the filtration system can handle."

What is he talking about? Shouldn't heavy plant growth actually assist
the filtration system?

Anybody else ready to get their hands on some yamato numa-ebi? Why are
they not sold in every aquarium store in America. If they are as good as
Amano says they are, then there is certainly a bundle to be made
importing them.

On page 166, Amano says that E. Tenellus and E. Grisebachii do not grow
well together. He also says that if he ever writes another book, he
would like to focus on plant compatibility. I know that he has more
books out. Does anyone know if indeed he does focus on plant
compatibility, or are the books just more nice pictures?