[Prev][Next][Index]

Trimming Echinodorus osiris

My E. osiris used to grow beautiful submerged leaves until it
figured out that it could reach the surface.  It now sends a stalk
right up to surface before opening each leaf, destroying the esthetics
of the right side of my tank.  If I routinely trim off the emersed
leaves, will the plant start growing the submerged leaves again?

With the obligatory plant discussion out of the way, are there any
microbiologists/parasitologists lurking on this list?  I'd like to
discuss an apparently unknown parasite that's turned up in Octocinclus
flexilis captured near Recife in eastern Brazil.
--
Kevin Conlin  Montreal, Canada  "We're Canadians.  We HAVE to be polite"
Finger as332 at freenet_carleton.ca for PGP public key.