[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Pruning Apongeton sp.

I was the original poster about that message.  I've thought about trying
both of the methods that you mentioned, with different plants on different
sides of the tank...

I'll try and remember to post my results....

Allan Tomkinson
atom at salisbury_net

Uhm.  I need some text to go here.....

> From: "M. Pearlscott" <pearlsco at u_washington.edu>
> Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 04:55:43 -0800 (PST)
> Subject: Pruning Apongeton sp.
>
> I forget who posted a question about pruning Apon. sp. but here is my
> advice.  Only cut a leaf off, doing so at the very bottom of the stem (as
> low as you can).  This is the same technique used for rosette plants.
Any
> stem plants you can: 1) uproot and cut off part of the bottom (this will
> maintain single stem look) or 2) Cut off the top and allow the side nodes
> to grow creating a "bush."  Cutting off the top of stem plants will
> eventually lead to areas on the plant that are just stem and no leaves.
>
> I posed a question about how to avoid this and never recieved a reply.
> Guess people don't know, or just do the uproot method eventually.  Maybe
> someone will add their two cents?
>

> Cheers,
>
> Mark

via FTP to ftp.actwin.com in /pub/aquaria/aquatic-plants.