[Prev][Next][Index]

Carriage returns

Sorry, folks.  Sounds like I goofed.

All of the email software I have personally worked with SENT the CR
characters automatically, also did automatic word wrap on receiving.  My
present software does automatic word wrap, which with CRs put in by either
the writer or the sending software, makes for some really annoying line
breaks!  One line long, the next about ten characters, and so on. If I want
to print the emails, I have to manually remove CRs, plus some unknown,
"invisible" characters that the printer insists upon printing as big hollow
squares!!

I guess by now I should know that ASCII may be "standard" the world over, but
email software is NOT.  Sorry again for the bad advice. :-(