[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #437

In a message dated 1/9/97 3:49:15 AM, Christian Cotichini wrote:

>This lead me to believe that maybe the cloudiness is due to some other
>problem.  Its a milky colour with just a little green in it (I remember
>green water being bright green).  I have never heard of green algae
>staying in a tank for three weeks.  Visability is about 14".  HELP!!!

This sounds like a bacteria bloom in an incompletely cycled tank to me.
Replacing the substrate probably eliminated the attached bacteria. Filling
the media container in my canister filter with bio-balls once solved a
similar problem in my tank.

BTW... "Best fishes".  That's a good one.

Fincerely,
Bob