[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Plant Trimming Tools

    If you know anyone who is a surgeon or who is doing their surgical
residency in med school then you could ask them to get you some of the tools
that they use in (I think) appendectomies.  They are about 24 inches long,
have grips on one end and various tools on the other including small scissors
and grippers.  They are designed so that the doctor can make a small hole
(<5mm), insert the tool and perform whatever surgery needs to be done.  They
cost hundreds of dollars but are disposable.  A freind of mine (a resident
and an aquarist) has given me several really cool tools that he has used in
surgery then cleaned up.  Occasionally you can even see these things on ER.
:-)

Nathan, now in very chilly Grand Rapids, MI