[Prev][Next][Index]

Ballast Interference

	For everyone experiencing EMI from their IceCaps:  Check out the
archives of the APD.  This same topic has made the rounds at least a
couple of times.  I was digging through some of my old files and happened
on some printouts I made back when I'd never heard of VHOs.  There is one
round of discussion in August/September of '95, in which at least one
person claimed to solve the problem by simply grounding his reflector.
This action was taken at the suggestion of an IceCap rep.  For others, the
grounding trick didn't work, apparently.
	Another one I happened to save is from May of '92, in which the
author suggests some different wiring techniques to reduce EMI.  He also
has some interesting data and questions about IceCaps.
	Hope this helps,
		Andrew