[Prev][Next][Index]

Aponogeton Culture

I found a packet of "Hybrid Aponogeton Bulbs" at Wal-Mart
yesterday. (Seven "bulbs" for $2.79)  I could'nt resist
their purchase after reading the blurb on the back of the
package:

. . . Aponogeton bulbs are one of the easiest aquarium
plants to grow.  They thrive in almost all water conditions.
   Just drop the bulbs into the aquarium and watch them grow
(6" to 8" in just fifteen days).  As the roots develop, the
plants anchor themselves or can be planted in the gravel for
faster growth.
   The lush green leaves provide a rich, natural background
in any aquarium.
   Provide them with at least 8 hours of light a day for
fastest growth.
   In 3 or 4 weeks your plants will have white and pink
blooms.  These can be cut off to promote steady plant
growth. . .

Can anyone give me any more information?  What are the
plants temperature,ph, nutritional and light requirements?
My literature indicates a variety of species with varying
requirements and refers to seeds not "bulbs".  The package
is marketed by:
   Sea-Life
   Division of Midwest Enterprises
   1400 S. Van Eps