[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: ballast interference

> From: paul at eisusa_com (Paul Nicholson)
>
> Switching power supplies, which an electronic ballast is, are nortorius
EMI
> generators, and low EMI is a primary design condiderstion when they are
> built. Not only must filters be considered, but a lot of attention is
paid
> to the switching techniques and transformer design to lower the EMI
> generated.

My understanding from talking to Icecap is that the filters
are in place, but some units aren't quite up to snuff, or
aggravated by poor grounds, questionable wiring, etc.

I've never had any problems with them generating any type
of interference, when working properly.

Of course, I've also seen them smoking, whining, and buzzing.
But they send you a new one for those reasons. :-)

Jon Wilson