[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: LaMotte tests

Miles asked about price discrepancies and shelf life of LaMotte test
kits:

The initial high cost of those kits is due to the octet comparator,
which should last a good long time provided you don't drop it or
otherwise damage it.

I haven't noticed any expiration dates on the chemicals, but now
you've made me wonder.  In any case, once you've opened the
reagent bottles you probably don't want to leave them laying around
too long.  Refills are quite reasonably priced and readily available.  If
I were you, I'd go for the lowest price I could find since I doubt that
LaMotte's chemicals are significantly fresher than those they ship to
discount mailorder houses.  Besides, testing your water is lots of fun,
and you'll use 'em up real quick ;-)

Jonathan in Maryland
(where it's raining again, of course!)
Energetics, Inc