[Prev][Next][Index]

re: Tungsten halogen

About a month ago I bought a 300W tungsten halogen "driveway" lamp at
Home Depot. I took it apart and used the innards as a light under my
tank's hood. Within minutes of turning it on, the plants start putting
out streams of Oxygen. The only problem I have had is dispersing the
heat that it gives off. If I leave it on for more than two hours it
brings the tank up to 82F from its normal 78F. I have it on a timer and
the tank gets four hours of it a day in two widely separated periods.
The Micranthemum micranthmoides that grows under it is thriving. I have
to "mow the lawn" every ten days or it starts to take over the tank.
Justin in cloudy Savannah