[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Automatic Water Changer vs Python Syphon

The Automatic Water changer works by the principle that chlorine is very
unstable in water.  As the fine jet of water hits the surface, causing
turbulence, the chlorine is broken down, no longer to be found present
as chlorine.  In testing the product, they went for 48 hours on smal
tanks and then tested for chlorine and none was found.

Thos whom I know who use the Python Syphon simply add 'Stress Coat' or
some other dechlorinator during or after the water change.  pH will be
more of an issue with the Python though.  It might still be useable
hooked up to an incoming pipe from a tank of your own 'prepared' water at the correct pH and using a small pump.   Saves the buckets, not to
mention your back.

I have used the Automatic Water Changer for almost a year now with good
results.  I put it on my 75gal planted discus tank before I go to bed
and it changes about 50-60% by morning.  The plants have done very well.
 The only other advantage the Python has over the AWC is that the AWC
does not help remove organic matter from the surface of the substrate;
it changes the water from the top of the tank.

Hope this helps.
Nick Edmunds
nickedmunds at juno_com