[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Electronic ballasts and some wiring q's

>From: "A. Inniss" <andrewi at u_washington.edu>
>        I've been looking for a way to reduce the number of cords coming
>from my tanks, and thought that if I could find an electronic ballast that
>runs compact flourescents, I'd be in good shape.  Unfortunately, I haven't
>found any such thing. Does anyone know whether they exist?

What kind of compact fluorescents? The common household kind come with
their own ballasts.

>        Do T-8 bulbs need to be grounded?

Don't quite understand this. Bulbs don't have to be grounded, but the
ballasts have a grounding wire.

Greg. Tong
San Francisco, CA, USA
gtong at sirius_com

"Every infinity is composed of only two halves."