[Prev][Next][Index]

RE> other sources of laterite

I got laterite from Theil Aquatech. They have a web page and e-mail addresses (
neither of which can I find right at the moment), so you should be able to
check availability easily. The substrate I used (laterite mixed with backyard
soil, which is adobe clay, plus vermiculite; covered with gravel with some
additional laterite) has worked quite well for most of my plants. I've also
supplemented with the Theil liquid fertilizer. Over the past 9 months the
plants have done  quite well. (And just wait 'til I finish that 4-bulb
lighting hood !!! After 6 months of planning and stewing, I'm finally ready to
wire it!!)