[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Laterite

Jonathan wrote:

>about laterite availability I referred to Karl Schoeler's "Substrate
>Gold" as ersatz laterite.  Karl has informed me that his product is not
>"ersatz" but indeed, true laterite that has been treated with additional
>micronutrients required for plant growth.

I have been using Karl Schoeler's Substrate Gold as well as his Natural
Gold products for over a year now and can attest to their worth in a
planted tank.  They were written up in the June 1995 FAMA.

I have wondered why people go to such extremes to buy laterite when it is
available locally.  Plus, if you have any questions about his products,
Karl will be more than accommodating in trying to help you.

Augustine Rodriguez
Elk Mound, WI, USA