[Prev][Next][Index]

Needle valves; T-8 light fixture (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 12:01:57 -0500 (EST)
From: DIONIGI MALADORNO <MALADORD%A1%RNISD0 at mr_nut.roche.com>
Subject: Needle valves; T-8 light fixture
To: AQUATIC PLANTS <Aquatic-Plants at ActWin_com>

I finally find the courage to admit that I do not understand what these
needle valves for CO2 distribution are. I have CO2 regulators (sold for
aquarium or greenhouse use) with a screw that regulates the output from the
canister to the regulator (normally set by the manufacturer in a given
position), and a knob that finely regulates the output from the regulator to
the airline. Where do these needle valves fit? Do they need to be installed
on the regulator, or they go on the airline after the regulator itself?  Can
someone please clarify this for me? Thanks.

I obtained for free an old 55 gal tank, of those that were used with chrome
metal hoods. I am fixing it, and I would like to use a commercially
available 4-tube T-8 fixture, just resting above a glass canopy, or hanging
just above it. I found on the www that Lamar Lighting Co. makes a model in
the 700 series that packs four tubes in a 1-foot wide fixture.  I am not yet
sure I will be able to find a local distributor for it. Can anyone indicate
sources (mail-order or common chain stores) and models for 1-foot wide
shoplight or surface-mounted 4x4T8 fixtures? I do not have access to
Grainger.

Thanks

Dionigi
dionigi.maladorno at roche_com