[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Red Val

Many varieties of plants seem to show this response to increasd light and
perhaps laterite and temperature also have an effect.

I have about 20 different Vals that I have collected from my travels all
over Australia (as well as commercial strains) and several of them show
more of this red response than others while some stay totally green - even
though they are being given duplicate conditions.

This phenomenon can be seen to a lesser extent in some of the Echinodorus
species especially horemanii, uruguayensis and osiris where there are forms
with more or less red as well as variation within each form depending on
conditions.

Bruce Hansen
ANGFA

email: bhansen at ozemail_com.au