[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #298

> From: cs327959 at student_uq.edu.au (Justin Marshall)
> Date: Mon, 04 Nov 1996 01:29:19 GMT
> Subject: Bubbles coming from plants
>
> Two days ago I replaced my two fluros with two MH lamps.  Since that
> time the plants are releasing bubbles of air(?) like an air bubbler.
                                           oxygen
> I am assuming that this is just the plants photosynthesising (sp?).
>
> My concern is can this be possibly bad for the plants?

No, this is good for the plants and good for the overall tank
environment.

HOWEVER!  The plants are now using CO2, macro and trace nutrients at a
faster rate.  If you don't replenish them appropriately, you may find
the increased photosynthesis rate a short-lived phenomenum.

George in Sunny and Calm Colorado