[Prev][Next][Index]

PMDD Ingredients

After all the talk on PMDD last week I tried to see if I could do it. I
could find most of the stuff but the element mix is not exactly what is
required. The one I found was spanish made (called Trabecorp AZ) and had

        7,5%Fe  0,65%B   0.3%Mo   0.28%Cu   3.5%Mb   0.7%Zn   EDTA

        Some of the percentages are off and also the DTPA is missing. How
crucial is this. Can the percentages be varied. How much?? Also, one of the
main points in using this was to eliminate the algae that would keep showing
up and end up all over my plants. I do not have CO2 injection however. Does
the PMDD still work???

Also some time ago another formula for a "plant tissue culture media" showed
up. What is this? Does is substitute, complement or neither with the PMDD??

...  a recipe provided by Shiao Y. Wang in 1995 for a trace element mix
     which apparently is a plant tissue culture media. It's comprised of

     EDTA sodium ferric salt    40g
     Na2MoO4.2H2O               250mg
     H3BO3                      3g
     MnCl2.4H2O                 10g
     ZnSO4.7H2O                 2g
     CoCl2.6H2O                 25mg
     CuSO4.5H2O                 25mg

     per litre (of distilled water?). The dosage rate is given as 30ml per
     30 gallons of water in a 75 gallon tank but I would assume this would
     need to be varied to suit individual tank conditions....