[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Temp

> From: "/PN=Steven.S.AMOR/OU=ENG4/O=SHELL AUSTRALIA/"@shell.otc.au
>
> I have been talking about this to others and the question I asked was should
> you blow air ONTO the water surface or AWAY from the surface?

You need to blow the air onto the surface.

> What evidence is there to support the theory that this water temperature is
> bad?  I realise that disease can spread faster, but also I think that it
> encourages plant growth.  Would anyone know if it has any influence on CO2
> levels - I can turn my Dupla CO2 unit on very high and still not get my CO2
> levels into the 'high' range.

As for fish, higher temp increases their need for oxygen (due to
faster rate of metabolism, I think) so that you need higher oxygen
content in water. Different fishes adopt differently to that, for
example goldfish have trouble already with moderately high temps.

Jan

Jan Fidrmuc

CentER for Economic Research
Tilburg University