[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: trimming corkscrew val

Bill Cwirla writes:

<<Can Corkscrew Val leaves be trimmed back or will that cause the entire leaf
to deteriorate?  I'm having a bit of a problem with rapidly growing Val
extending out over the surface of the tank and shading the plants below it.
 I would like to cut them back to surface level if possible.  Your advice
would be most appreciated.>>

I trim mine routinely (have for a couple years now), and other than the cut
end getting somewhat raggedy, it doesn't seem to be a problem.  New growth
comes fast enough that even *if* trimming the end hastens leaf death
somewhat, it's not enough to matter.  OTOH, corkscrew Val loves our city
water so much that I might be able to inflict all sorts of indignities on it
& it might keep going anyway!

Anne Hull Seales
Santa Cruz CA
workingsw at aol_com