[Prev][Next][Index]

Water Temperature

> To: Aquatic plants list <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>
>      Subject: Water temperatures
>      From: Cynthia Powers <cyn at metronet_com>
>      Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1996 21:09:16 -0500 (CDT)

Emmmm. 40C is way too high. Anybody know of any plant species that can
tolerate that sort of punishment? What about fishes?

I am Malaysian and my tank temp. swings from 30-32C. Some of the plants
do mind but the discus seems happy enough.

And chiller is the best solution. But as you mentioned, it can burn a
whole in your pocket.

> PS I too had to give up on UGH because mine was on almost all the time just to
> keep the gravel above the temp of the water!

Me too. So does Calvin Chin from Singapore. According to Calvin, you can
actually invite several form of algae if UGH is introduced at these
temperature extremes.

rgds.
Zon Hisham ... Enjoying steamed Discus at 40C, decorated with
Hygrophillia :)