Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 19:40:31 -0500 (CDT)
To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
From: Kealie Beilke <bellkee at pcpros_net>
Subject: Sagittaria problems

I was wondering if anyone cold tell me if Sagittaria has any special
requirements concerning water conditions, lighting, fertilization or
temperature.  I have several species of plants in my 75 gal tank ( vals,
crypts, ludwiga and hygrophila) and don't seem to have a problem with these
plants.  When ever I get some Sagittaria, usually the wide leaf variety,
they seem to slowly turn brown and wilt away, about 4 weeks.  I've read that
they seem to do better if stored in some colder water for awhile before
putting them into a tropical tank.  I be interested if anybody has any ideas.

Please send E-mail directly to me if possible.

Thanks,

Don
bellkee at pcpros_net