[Prev][Next][Index]

Best Algae Scraper Ever!

> From: jphealy at sysconn_com
> Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 17:29:11 -0400 (EDT)
>
> I created a razor-blade holder that holds 6 blades edge to edge. It
> takes me about two minutes to clean the entire front of my tank.

Comments:

Have you looked into "utility knife" blades?  The blades are bigger
than razor blades and sturdier.  Probably more expensive, though.

Don't let the blades get rusty between uses (i.e., dry them off very
well after each use).  I found out (the hard way) that rust crystals
are harder than glass and will easily scratch a glass tank.  Very
unsightly and algae seems to especially like the scratches as a home.

George