[Prev][Next][Index]

Lotus in France...

hello

I have seeds of Lotus, do I have any chances to obtain plants ? what kind
of substrate is needed for this plant (silt, mud, peat) ? what kind of
water quality (nutrient level)? Can this species tolerate to be
transplantated in a muddy water-body supplied by nutrient rich groundwater
(so, that not freeze during winter +/- 8 °C, but that is never very warm in
summer +/-15 °C) in a temperate country ? Do carps feed this kind of plant
? (there are several in the water body)

thanks for your advices

                    \\ \\\ |///  //
                     \\ \\\|/// //
                      \\  ~ ~  //
                       (  @ @  )
---------------------oOOo-(_)-oOOo------------------------
|        Dr Gudrun BORNETTE chargee de recherche CNRS     |
|                      ESA CNRS 5023                      |
|     ECOLOGIE des EAUX DOUCES et des GRANDS FLEUVES      |
|       FRESHWATER and RIVER ECOLOGY RESEARCH UNIT        |
|           Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1              |
|               69622 VILLEURBANNE CEDEX                  |
|     Tel : (33) 72 43 12 94 - Fax : (33) 72 43 11 41     |
|         Email : bornette at biomserv_univ-lyon1.fr         |
|                                         Oooo            |
                             \_)